Meat pies or Sfeeha is a popular snack that is prepared in the Middle Eastern kitchen. It has many variations of preparing and filling, this is an easy recipe to prepare this delicious food that can be eaten as a snack or as a meal served with green salad or yogurt.
- Basic bread dough
- 1.5 pounds ground beef or lamb
- 2 diced onions. (I used dry onion flakes as a time saver)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt ,pepper & Allspice
- Oil for the pan
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine meat, onions, and seasonings and cook with little oil until browned fully
- There are few things that you can add to the meat to flavor it even more, such as adding yogurt or pomegranate molasses or Tihini sauce or tomato sauce.
- Add the pine nuts
- Cut the dough out to form about 3-4" rounds. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Place some of the meat filling onto the dough
- Place on an oiled baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes. But depending on your oven it might take less or more time.
- Broil the top to a nice golden brown color. Do not leave for a long time under the broiler, they burn fast!