A popular Palestinian salad prepared a lot during the fasting month, Ramadan. It is a very fresh spring salad that combines many nutritious ingredients.
Ingredients (for 4 persons)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 spring onions
- 1 Radish
- Green mint
- 1 loaf of pita bread
- Dressing: Lemon, salt, and olive oil
- Cut the vegetables into small - medium size pieces.
- The lettuce, parsley and green mint should be cut in small pieces.
- Cut the pita bread into squares of 1 square cm each and either fry them until golden brown or roast them under the grill.
- Add the bread to the vegetable mixture.
- Add lemon, salt, and olive oil to taste.