al-Lydd (Lydda) City
The city may have picked its name from a Greek tribe known by Lydda, who were the first to settle the area. During the Roman period, the city was known by Diospolis, but soon after the Muslim Arabs conquest, al-Lydd regained its original name until the Zionists changed its name to Lod in 1948.
In 1945, al-Lydd municipality covered an area of 19,868 dunums, which included 663 dunums for roads, wadies, and railroads, ... etc. It should be noted that al-Lydd was a Zionist Free Zone (ZFZ) until its occupation.