In 1945, the district of Akka covered an area of 799.67 square kilometer, of which 2.79 square kilometer were allocated for public use, such as roads, wadies, railroads ... etc. Zionists owned only 25 square kilometer, which constituted 3.1% of the overall district's size.
During the Ottoman period, the district of Akka was made up of 60 plus villages, but during the British Mandate it was shrunk to 48 village (of which 26 villages where completely ethnically cleansed and defaced by the Zionists after the 194 war), eight Bedouin localities, and nine Zionist colonies.
It should noted that the villages of Iqrit, Tabrikha, and al-Mansura are Lebanese villages which became part of Palestine after WWI.
Amqa was mostly destroyed with the exception of the its school and its mosque.
The site is overgrown with wild grasses. Only the school and mosque are extant. The mosque is a stone structure surmounted with a dome. The school has a gabled roof and has been joined to some new annexes that were added by Israelis who now use the complex as a warehouse.
The village was completely destroyed, and only house rubble left behind.
Only the stone rubble of houses, crumbling walls, and a few roofs remain of the village buildings.
Arraba - Buttof
Al Bassah located near the Lebanese border and Mediterranean Sea. Population: 4,000. Obliterated with its two churches in 1948; the Jewish settlement of Nahal Bezet was built on its 6,315 acres.
al-Bassa was mostly destroyed with the exception of few houses, the church, and a Muslim shrine.
Only two of the main buildings of the village, a Greek Catholic church and a Muslim shrine, are extant. The church, made of stone, is rich in architectural features. This church is now collapsing on one side and its walls are cracking. The Muslim shrine is domed and stands deserted in the midst of many trees, including two palms. A number of village houses remain, some occupied by Israelis. One of them is a large two storey building that has both rectangular and arched doors and windows.
Al Birwawh located 5.6 miles east of Acre. Population: 1,460. Obliterated in 1948, with the Jewish settlement of Ahihud built on its 3,346 acres.
al-Birwa was mostly destroyed with the exception of three houses, two shrines, and one of the village schools remain standing.
Three houses, two shrines, and a school remain. One of these shrines is made of stone and has a dome with a shallow curvature that spans the entire roof. The school's architecture is similar to that of Qula (see Quia, al-Ramla District). All of these landmarks stand deserted amid cactuses, weeds, and fig, olive, and mulberry trees. The debris of destroyed houses punctuates the vegetation. There are also some graves near the site that are in a state of neglect. Part of the site and the land are farmed by the residents of Achihud.
Al Damoun located 6.8 miles SE of Acre. Population: 1,310. Obliterated in 1948; all its 4,768 acres were stolen.
The village was completely destroyed soon after occupation, and only house rubble left behind.
The site is overgrown with thorns, cactuses, olive trees, and pines. Stone and concrete rubble is scattered around it. The cemetery is extant, although the markers over a few graves are collapsing.
Deir Al Oassi located 16.7 miles NE of Acre. Population: 2,300. Obliterated in 1948, with the Jewish settlement of Elqosh built on its 8,411 acres.
Dayr al-Qasi was mostly destroyed with the exception of few houses currently being used by Israeli Jewish settlers.
A few stone houses still are used as residences or warehouses by the inhabitants of Elqosh. The debris of destroyed houses is strewn over the site. The school building stands deserted.
Al Ghabisyyah located 9.6 miles NE of Acre. Population: 690. Obliterated in 1948, with the Jewish settlement of Natir Ha Shayyara built on its 1,006 acres.
al-Ghabisiyya was mostly destroyed with the exception of its mosque.
The only landmark that remains is the mosque-a domed, stone structure, with arched doors and windows and decorative arches in the interior.The debris of houses, terraces, and the village cemetery can be seen amidst a thick forest of cypress trees that was planted on the village site and part of the land. Cactuses also grow on the site.
Ikret located NE of Acre near the Lebanese border. Population of 500 Palestinians, all Maronite Christians, who were forced to evacuate their village in 1948. All the village buildings were blown up on Christmas day, 1952, and all its 6,181 acres were stolen.
Iqrit was mostly destroyed with the exception of the village church.
The only extant landmark is the Greek Catholic church a stone structure with a flat roof from which a rectangular belfry rises. It has a rectangular doorway with a decorative round arch and carvings atop the lintel.
Khirbat 'Iribbin was completely destroyed and defaced.
The site is covered with the debris of houses. It also has anumber of wells and caves
Jiddeen located 12.5 miles NE of Acre. Population: 1,500. Obliterated in 1948; all its 1,897 acres were stolen.
Khirbat Jiddin was mostly destroyed with the exception of the Crusades fortress, which has been preserved as a tourist attraction.
The fortress has been preserved as a tourist attraction.
Al Kabri located 9.3 miles NE of Acre. Population: 1,520. Obliterated in 1948, with the Jewish kibbutz Kabri built in 1949 on its 11,857 acres.
al-Kabri was completely destroyed and defaced.
All that remains of the village are crumbled walls and stone rubble, overgrown with thorns, weeds, and bushes.
The village was destroyed during the 1948 war.
Kfar Inan located 9.3 miles SW of Safad. Population: 360 Palestinians, half of whom were pushed into the Mst Bank on February 4,1949. The rest remained near the village and petitioned the Israeli Government to return to their village. In answer to their petition, the Israeli army blew up all the houses and obliterated the village.
Kafr 'Inan was mostly destroyed with the exception of the village mosque and its shrine.
The site is covered with piles of stones that lie scattered around clumps of cactuses and fig trees. There are remains of a domed building on a slope facing the village and the small shrine of Shaykh Abu Hajar Azraq on an adjacent hill to the east.
Kouwaykat located 9.3 miles NE of Acre. Population: 1,050. Obliterated in 1948, with the Jewish settlement of Nahal Bet Ha Emeq built on its 1,181 acres.
Kuwaykat was mostly destroyed with the exception of its shrine.
Little remains of the village except the deserted cemetery, completely overgrown with weeds, and rubble from houses. Inscriptions on two of the graves identify one as that of Hamad 'Isa al-Hajj, and another as that of Shaykh Salih Iskandar, who died in 1940. The shrine of Shaykh Abu Muhammad al-Qurayshi still stands but its stone pedestal is badly cracked.
Al Manshiyyah/Acre located 1.6 miles NE of Acre. Population: 810. Obliterated in 1948; all its 3,248 acres were stolen.
On June 16th, 1948, al-Manshiyya was completely destroyed with the exception of the Baha'i shrine, the village mosque, the Islamic school for orphans, and a handful of old houses remain intact!
The Baha'i shrine, the mosque, the Islamic school for orphans, and a few houses still stand; the rest of the village is gone. The shrine is a handsome, domed structure, the front wall and arched entrance of which are framed by prominent stone pillars. The mosque, a stone structure with a dome and vaulted ceilings, has been turned into a private home for a Jewish family. The former Islamic school for orphans is also inhabited. The al-Basha water canal, built with stone blocks, still exists, but is not functioning; the same is also true of an aqueduct.
Al Mansourah/Acre located 26.7 miles NE of Acre. Population: 688. Obliterated in 1948; all its 8,503 acres were stolen.
Me’ar located 6 miles SE of Acre. Population: 770. Obliterated in 1948; all its 1,468 acres were stolen.
Al Nahr & Al Tal located 8.7 miles NE of Acre. Two villages near each other with a total population of 610. Obliterated in 1948; their combined lands of 1,318 acres were stolen.
Al Ruways located 6 miles SE of Acre. Population: 330. Obliterated in 1948; all its 291 acres were stolen.
Sheikh Daoud located 9.3 miles NE of Acre. Population: 300. Obliterated in 1948; all its 1,165 acres were stolen.
Suhmata located 10.5 miles NE of Acre. Population: 1,130. Obliterated in 1948, with the Jewish settlement of Hosen built in 1949 on its 4,230 acres.
Sumayriyyah located 2.5 miles north of Acre. Population: 760. Obliterated in 1948; all its 2,129 acres were stolen.
Tarbikha located 2 miles north of Acre. Population , 900. Obliterated in 1948, with the Jewish settlement of Shamerat built on its 3,657 acres.
Al Zeeb located 9.3 miles north of Acre. Population: 1,910. Obliterated in 1948, with the Jewish settlement of Gersher Ha Ziw built in 1949 on its 3,152 acres.