Qubat Al Mizan
This minbar was established in the courtyard of the Honoured Rock on the order of the supreme judge Burhan Din Ben Jama‘a in 709 H / 1309 A.D. It has been reported that it was initially a wooden minbar, which was rebuilt in stone in 790 H / 1388 A.D. This minbar was renovated during the Ottoman period by Prince Muhammad Rachid in 1259 H / 1843 A.D. during the reign of Sultan Abdelmajid Ben Mahmud II, as it is indicated on an inscription which is engraved above the entrance.
This minbar is made of a stone construction. It has an entrance at the top of which there is an arch, which is based on two small marble pillars. From it, one climbs over a few steps which lead to a stone bench, which is meant for the preacher to sit on. Above it is a fine small dome which is set on marble pillars of a fine shape.
By the end of the Ottoman period, the openings of the pavilions which looked on the yard of the Haram were closed so that they could be used as shelter for the needy Muslims who came to visit Al Qods.
In 1341 H / 1922 A.D the Islamic High Council reopened it and restored the pavilions to what they used to be.