This pavilion was created by a number of sultans and princes in different years. The Great King ‘Issa created the oldest part of this pavilion, the one which extends to the west of Bab Al ‘Atm, in 610 H / 1213 A.D. In this part there is a commemorative engraved inscription which indicates the name of the founder and the date of the founding of the monument. On this pavilion we also find the Aminia school, the Farisia school, the Royal school, the As’aradiya school and the As Sabibia school.
Najm Ad Dine Yusuf son of the great king ‘Issa, the representative of Al Qods, and the endowment administrator of the Haramayn ash Sharifayn, built the part which extends from Bab Hatta to Bab Al ‘Atm in 694 H / 1294 A.D. Prince ‘Alam Ad Din Sanjar Al Jawili built the part which is located in the north-western corner of Al Haram Ash Sharif in 715 H. That is where the Jawilia school is located.
King Al Ashraf Sha’ban Ben Hussain built the part which extends from Bab Al Asbat to Bab Hatta in 769 H / 1368 A.D. It is on this part, or next to it that the Faniria, the Tolonia, the Ghadiria and the Karimia schools are located.
This pavilion is composed of large stone supports, above which are ceilings made of criss-crossing vaults and domes. Its floors are covered by stone slates which are slightly higher than the surface of Al Haram Ash Sharif.
During the Ottoman period, partitions were constructed and the pavilion was closed. It was used as lodgings for the poor who came to Al Qods. In 1341 H / 1922 A.D the islamic High Council reopened the pavilion and removed the partitions, and the pavilion started to look as it used to. The pavilion is used nowadays as a site for the Aqsaa secondary school.