The Fakhriya Minaret is called the Minaret of the Gate of the Maghreb's people. It was founded by Sharaf Din Abdurrahman Ben As Sahib Al Wazir Fakhr Din Al Khalili, the administrator of the Haramayn Ash Sharifayn, in 677 H / 1278 A.D.
This minaret is constituted by a square-shaped construction, which stands on an elevated square base. It has a northern entrance. It can be reached by means of a stone ladder, which is located in the south-western corner at the junction of the Maghreb Mosque and the Women’s Mosque. The first floor stands on the base, and it is also square shaped. Above it, there is a second level. It has a square-shaped stone balcony at its higher part. It is set above two sets of supports. In its centre there is a small square construction which constitutes the end of the building of the minaret.
At the higher part of the construction, there is an inscription which indicates that the renovation of the construction was undertaken by the Islamic High Council in 1341 H / 1922 A.D. A beautifully designed stone skullcap was erected above this small square at the higher part of the minaret.