Dr. Eng. Wesam Ahmed Al Madhoun won A bronze Medal where he participated in the postgraduate competition organized during the International Conference on Construction and Building Technology 2008, that was hold in Kuala Lumpur from 16-20/6/2008. The title of the research that won the medal, was "A Review on Practice of Air Quality Issues in the Environmental Impact Assessment Reports of Development Projects in Malaysia".
Wesam Ahmed al-Madhoun
PhD of Environmental Engineering
- PhD of Environmental Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia (2011)
Research Title: "Monitoring and Modeling of Non Methane Hydrocarbons (NMHC) in Various Areas in Pulau Penang, Malaysia"
- M.Sc. of Environmental Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia (2004)
Thesis Title " A study of Air Quality Issues and Applications in the Environmental Impact Assessment of Development Projects in Malaysia"
- B.Sc of Civil Engineering from the Islamic University of Gaza (2003)
2/2008-3/2011, School of Civil Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
Project Officer: "Monitoring and Modeling of BTEX in Various Development Areas in Penang, Malaysia"
11/2006-10/2007 , World Vision Jerusalem, West Bank-Gaza.
Program Development Coordinator, (Assessment of Proposed ADP in Gaza), funded by AusAID. Livelihood projects.
8/2006-10/2006, Palestinian Center for Human Resources Development "Pchrd", Gaza
Project Manager, (Community Mobilization and livelihood Improvement Project)/ Hanan Project, funded by USAID.
3/2006-4/2006, Environment and Infrastructure Consultants "Enfra", Gaza
Project Manager Assistant, a project in the field of Environmental conditions Improvement " in Gaza, funded by AusAID, World Vision- Australia.
10/2005-12/2005, Palestinian Environment Quality Authority, Gaza
Project Supervisor, a project (Construction of Small Scale Plants for Grey Water Treatment) for the local communities in the rural areas in Gaza.
12/2004-5/2005 , United Nations for Refugees Relief and Work Agency
Trainer in the field of Environmental Impact Assessment
3/2004-9/2004, School of Civil Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
Research Assistant, Projects (Water Treatment by using low cost materials & Air Quality Monitoring)
- Traffic Design of the Intersection of Al Sheikh Zayed Twonship in Gaza, BSc. Final Year Project.
- Designing of Water Distribution Network for El Shatty Camp.
- Designing of Sewage and Storm water Networks For El Nosyrate Camp.
- Structural Design for Two buildings.
- Scheduling For 8th and 5th floors buildings by using Microsoft Project.
- Very good experience working on the Gas Chromatography (GC).
02/98 - 12/98 Attended and completed: 120 hour French language course (level 1, level 2, level 3) in The French Cultural Center.
5/03/99 - 5/06/99 Attended and Completed 72 hour training course in Microsoft word/excel In Al Ahly Computer Center.
17/03/05 - 04/04/05 Attended and Completed: 15 Hours course of "Fundamental of Financial Management in the Contracting Sector" in the The Association of Engineers - Gaza.
1/12/05 - 13/12/05 Attended: 12 Hours course of "Time Management Strategies" in the The Association of Engineers - Gaza.
17/09/06 - 20/09/06 Attended: 20 Hours course of "Community Mobilization" with Hanan Project - Gaza.
11/02/07 - 17/02/07 Attended: 15 Hours course of "Leadership and Supervisory Skills" in the The Association of Engineers - Gaza.
15/05/07 - 5/06/07 Attended: 20 Hours course of "Strategic Planning and Proposal Writing" in the The Association of Engineers - Gaza.
29/12/03 - 31/12/03 Attended a workshop on Research Design and Methodology in Science University of Malaysia-USM.
29/4/2004 Attended a workshop on Technical Writing in Science University of Malaysia-USM.
7/5/2004 Attended a seminar on Innovation and Technology Management in Science University of Malaysia-USM.
20/5/2004 Attended a workshop on Occupational Safety and Health in Science University of Malaysia-USM.
10-12/9/2007 Attended Training Workshop on the INEE Minimum Standards for Education in Emergencies, Chronic Crises and Early Reconstruction, Gaza.
5/03/10 - 7/03/10 Attended: 20 Hours course of "Sustainable Development" in USM-Malaysia.
5 papers in international Journals and 21 international conferences.
International Journals Publications:
- Al Madhoun W A, N.A. Ramli, A. S. Yahaya. (2010). Monitoring of TVOC and Benzene Emitted From Different Sources. Journal of Engineering Science.
- Al Madhoun W A, Ramli N A, Yahaya A S, Yusof N F, Ghazali N A, Sansuddin N, (2010). Levels of benzene concentrations emitted from motor vehicles in various sites in Nibong Tebal, Malaysia. Air Qual Atmos Health, DOI 10.1007/s11869-010-0083-6. http://www.springerlink.com/content/g1l3q21516755966/
International Conferences Publications:
W. A. Al Madhoun, N.A. Ramli, A. S.Yahia, (2010). " Roadside BTEX emissions in different Developing countries ". Proceeding of 3rd International Conference on Engineering and Gaza Reconstruction, IUG, Gaza, Palestine.
W. A. Al Madhoun, N.A. Ramli, A. S.Yahia. (2010). " Concentrations of BTEX in the Central Business Area in Penang ". Proceeding of 2nd International Conference on Human Habitat and Environment, Nilai, Malaysia.
W. A. Al Madhoun, N.A. Ramli, A. S.Yahia, N. F. Yousef, N. A. Ghazli & N. Sansuddin. (2009). " A proposed Framework for Measuring and Modeling of BTEX in Various Developing Cities". Proceeding of The 3rd International Conference on Science and Development, IUG, Gaza, Palestine.
W. A. Al Madhoun, N.A. Ramli, A. S.Yahia. (2009). Monitoring of TVOC and Benzene Emitted From Different Sources. Proceeding of the 5th National Conference of Civil Engineering (AWAM09), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
N.A. Ramli, W. A. Al Madhoun, A. S.Yahia . (2009)" Monitoring of Benzene Concentrations Within Indoor Environment of Cars. The second International Seminar, Ecology, Human Habitat and Environmental Change, Nilai, Malaysia.
W. A. Al Madhoun, N.A. Ramli, A. S.Yahia. (2009). Monitoring Of Benzene Emitted From Traffic Vehicles. Symposium of USM Fellowship Holder. USM, Penang, Malaysia.
- A Bronze Medal (2008), Postgraduate Competition, International Conference on Construction and Building Technology 2008, Kuala Lumpur.
- Most Innovative Design Prize, (2006), Environmental Design Competition, United Arab Emirates University. Research title "Nitrate Removal by Adsorption using Ash from Olive Oil Factory".